The market is changing. What worked yesterday doesn’t work anymore. Are you prepared for the shift? Below are a few tips to improve your chances of buying or selling a home in the Cape Coral and surrounding areas.
- Do provide a copy of your preapproval letter or proof of funds upon request. This saves everyone a lot of time and frustration
- Don’t wait until you found “the one” before obtaining your preapproval (if you are not paying cash). Faced with multiple offers and the need to act quickly it might be too late by the time you have that necessary letter in hand
- Do discuss your loan type with your real estate agent and how that will affect the offer strategy and closing process
- Don’t automatically assume that because you can include closing costs with your loan that the seller is required to agree to those terms
- Do make sure you have money set aside prior to home shopping for inspection, appraisal, one year’s worth of homeowner’s insurance and closing costs
- Don’t make an offer on a home until you have these ducks in a row
- Do make sure your home is clean and smells good when people arrive
- Don’t fumigate with potpourri or candles. Some people are sensitive to scents
- Do be reasonable about allowing showing times including advance notice
- Don’t stay at home for showings and follow the agent/buyers around. This makes people uncomfortable and can actually jeopardize your ability to negotiate should they make an offer. If you are concerned about security speak with your agent about being present for showings.
- Do look over your agent’s marketing efforts, including photos, with them to make sure your home is being presented it’s best possible way
- Don’t limit pictures your agent is able to take; buyers want pictures and lots of them!
This is by no means an all inclusive list of ways to increase your ability to successfully buy or sell a home in Cape Coral. Each situation is unique and will require it’s own plan. Discuss all the details, your expectations, goals and fears with your real estate professional. Only this will ensure a smooth, seamless transition from one phase of your life to another.
We welcome the opportunity to answer your questions and create a plan for your Cape Coral real estate needs. Reach us at 239.541.5363 or firstname.lastname@example.org